Cool Whip® Celebrates 50 Years of Iconic Treats
Public Company Information:
PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cool Whip, celebrates its 50th anniversary of dipping, scooping and topping treats to “whip up” smiles. For generations, families relied on the rich and creamy taste of Cool Whip to transform everyday treats into something a little more special.
Sweet cravings have changed since Cool Whip was developed in 1966. But adding Cool Whip has always been an integral part of treat time. From Watergate Salad of the 1970s to cupcake frosting in the 2000s, Cool Whip’s one-of-a-kind cool and creamy taste has remained a favorite through it all. Its versatility and adaptability have made the whipped topping iconic.
“Cool Whip evokes a sense of nostalgia for many of our loyal fans, bringing to mind family, holidays and special moments from the last five decades,” said Molly White, Associate Brand Director. “By adding Cool Whip to ordinary treats, families can recreate those special moments in simple ways. Our new products, simple snacking recipes and treats aim to help achieve those sweet shared moments.”
A peek into The Kraft Heinz Company archives reveals several trends in how snacking evolved over the past 50 years and into present day – and how Cool Whip continues to play a part.
- 1960s: Cool Whip is launched in 1966 as an alternative to homemade whipped cream.
- 1970s: One of the most iconic desserts of the decade, Watergate Salad features Cool Whip as the main component to this sweet salad.
- 1980s: Chocolate desserts were a staple of the ‘80s, with the rise of pudding pops, dirt cups and Mud Pie. Cool Whip is used to add a creamy touch to puddings and pie fillings.
- 1990s: With the “low-fat craze” maintaining momentum into the ‘90s, Cool Whip launches Cool Whip Lite and Cool Whip Free, with less and no fat, respectively, but the same creamy taste.
- 2000s: Cool Whip becomes part of the cupcake craze, as part of the individual dessert trend, ushering a variety of new seasonal flavors including French Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate.
- 2010s: Cool Whip continues to be a dessert staple, as baking enthusiasts create new treats, like cake pops and artisanal milkshakes, and bring back iconic ones, like poke cake and éclairs.
To learn more about Cool Whip products and find new treat recipes to #WhipUpSmiles, please visit coolwhip.com.
ABOUT THE KRAFT HEINZ COMPANY
The Kraft Heinz Company (NASDAQ: KHC) is the third-largest food and beverage company in North America and the fifth-largest food and beverage company in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands. A globally trusted producer of delicious foods, The Kraft Heinz Company provides high quality, great taste and nutrition for all eating occasions whether at home, in restaurants or on the go. The Company’s iconic brands include Kraft, Heinz, ABC, Capri Sun, Classico, Jell-O, Kool-Aid, Lunchables, Maxwell House, Ore-Ida, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Planters, Plasmon, Quero, Weight Watchers, Smart Ones and Velveeta. The Kraft Heinz Company is dedicated to the sustainable health of our people, our planet and our Company. For more information, visit www.kraftheinzcompany.com